Google

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

getting backlinks consider the relevancy of the site based on content and topic

 

 

When getting backlinks one should consider the relevancy of the site based on content/topic, why?

Because relevancy is one of the keys for google. I don't think the other engines really look at it as closely as google. The other key is the page rank of that site, and how much traffic it's getting! I have a blog that covers different subjects on the internet today, and I've been using a couple of tools to help my SEO that have saved me a whole lot of time, and have actually increased my rankings.

For instance, If you sell red shoes, but get a link on a site about telephones who cares? Google certainly won't. You would have wasted your time. Better off writing articles about red shoes and submitting via RSS and social bookmarks.

No comments: