Google

Monday, March 30, 2009

Suggestions for magento on godaddy

 

with referring to this godaddy installation instructions for magento:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5023/

I have almost successfully installed and run Magento on godaddy for a deluxe share hosting package with php5 environment: I can see the front page shown after the installation on godaddy, but magento is still not running properly: magento can run homepage, wishlist, popular search, etc all right, but it run into blank pages at many points, e.g. about us, customer service, etc. The only difference I can see is the step 10. select destination...leave at root default. I didn't do this because I have other program on it, so I chose a directory for the installation. And I did add php5.ini as the instruction shared, changing the .htaccess file by following the detailed guide for GoDaddy params also didn't work.

By all means, to my opinion, magento is not suitable to run on a share hosting package. Installing magento on Godaddy share hosting account can only be used for demonstration purpose, I guess.

No comments: